Over the last 3 years, the UK Veterinary market has witnessed a period of unprecedented change with the arrival of a handful of private equity backed corporates pursuing a strategy of consolidation.
Consequently the whole dynamic around succession, buying and selling of practices has significantly changed presenting options to the independent Vet sector. Learn more
Who is it aimed at?
- Practice owners wishing to expand
- Practice owners wishing to sell or to succession plan
- Practice owners who wish of become more profitable & efficient
- Associates/ Junior Vets wishing to buy into a practice
Independent Vet businesses face a number of fundamental choices:
- Do they grow their business?
- How do they grow – organically or by merger & acquisition?
- Is it the right time to sell the practice? If so what are the options and processes?
- How do you improve the profitability & efficiency of your existing business?
- How do we fund these various strategic options as well as managing the accompanying risks?
The purpose of this seminar series is to examine the strategic options available to Vet owners and understand the respective implications.For your benefit, we will have experts in corporate finance, contract law and practice funding addressing the seminar.
The seminars are FREE to attend providing you have booked online, however there will be a £40 fee charge for non-attendance (the fee will be donated to National Autistic Society charity).
Principal Director, ProPractices
Owen is a Chartered Accountant and an experienced private equity and corporate finance professional. After Deloitte, where he developed his specialisation, he was headhunted by the leading private equity business 3i becoming an Investment Director.Read More
Managing Director, St Francis Group and Vetswest
Alan White is the Managing Director of St Francis Group and Vetswest buying groups owned by AmerisourceBergen. Together St Francis Group and Vetswest have a combined membership of over 750 independent veterinary practices across the UK.Read More
Partner, Darwin Gray
Steve is head of the firm’s Corporate/Commercial team and is also part of the Commercial Dispute Resolution team, dealing with disputes surrounding construction, intellectual property, professional negligence, procurement, franchising and also banking and finance litigation.Read More
Healthcare Manager, The Wesleyan Bank
Neil Burrows is a Regional Healthcare Relationship Manager for the Wesleyan Bank and has over 30-years of experience in banking and finance. Neil established his own professions fiancé brokerage in 2000 which was sold to Syscap Limited in 2010 which was subsequently sold to the Wesleyan Bank in 2015.Read More
We will shortly be updating our latest news section.